MaidSAFE Tee Shirt

What about Project S (ps I don’t do marketing :slight_smile: ) People will ask what is S and we can tell them it is safe. I cannot see that anywhere easily found anyway.

Maybe any English name we choose (another issue perhaps) is going to be used by somebody these days.

2 Likes

I agree David, we would have to come up with something obscure to avoid clashing with anyone else. I would say Project SAFE would be ok as it is just a name given to the project as a whole rather than an official name of a company.

Hmmm…just to be pedantic, will we need to change name again once the “project” is complete and functional, as project infers a kind of work in progress doesn’t it?..which it is at the moment, but will be completed at some point. I do like project safe , or safenet, but maybe something reflecting representing the 99% idea. Now I’m thinking of an ice cream cone with a flake in it as a logo for project 99, but then again I’m a bit mad

From a marketing perspective, we would appeal to what people want most.
That is a hard to know unless someone has time to run a poll or survey.
What do you want “most” from Project SAFE?

• farming
  • SAFE storage
  • social apps
  • business commerce
  • Safecoin
  • censorship resistant

Since the majority of the population is unaware of what Project SAFE is, we can ask this question.

What is Project SAFE?

And provide clues/examples on the back of the T-shirt.

An idea would be to combine @dirvine idea to invite people to ask what we are… with @ioptio idea to give hints/clues on the back of the shirt. This also gives free advertising.

Competition Marketing Angle

Blockchain VS ANT

Autonomous
Network
Transfer (Need a different word for the T)

Project SAFE uses ANT tech instead of blockchain.
What is ANT tech?
I’m glad you asked…

Transport perhaps ?

Or maybe Technology is a better fit ?

I think we need to narrow the field of choices and then have a community vote.Maybe pick the top 10 names from this thread, then narrow it to 5 then 2? This is quite a difficult thing as there are so many possibilities and different ideas and messages to convey…plus it needs to be snappy with a decent instantly recognisable logo.

1 Like

Technology was my first thought. I’m still leaning toward it. :wink:
The only reason I didn’t use it was because it duplicates in the sentence.

Project SAFE uses ANT Tech instead of Blockchain Tech

Project SAFE uses Autonomous Network Technology Technology
Project SAFE uses Autonomous Network Transfer Technology
Project SAFE uses Autonomous Network Transport Technology

After the Network is launched, we could make a very detailed video explaining how ANT Tech works, making it a “catch phrase.” It may even open the door for other projects to innovate. This could solve our problem of having to explain the whole system.

When people talk about blockchain, they almost never explain how it works. They “believe” in the system, as mentioned by @ned14. I would like to hit that sweet spot in public perception as well. I have no idea how all my car components function together, but I believe it will get me from A to B faster than walking.

1 Like

Given the current trauma of events, I also like ‘The New Internet is SAFE

Whatever it is, we need at least one unique domain in the old web right? and some of the information from maidsafe.net copied over…and what about the github repo?

Project SAFE, SAFEnetwork etc can all work, but surely requires all the components of a campaign(or parallel campaigns) in place i.e domain, twitter account, press materials etc etc…to get it to the top of current search rankings.

We would need to explain how Maidsafe is a POD+ type of entity now, because all the juice is currently directed there.

Should be a no brainer for non technical folk to do a quick read-up, be confident in downloading the vault software and hop on the network. Probably needs to be maintained for a couple of years before the information becomes Public knowledge and then eventually dissolves into ‘The Internet’

I only say all this because, Maidsafe the company, have relinquished control and wish the network to be known as something other than MaidSAFE?

2 Likes

I have mocked up a design for a generic tshirt. I think it would be a good idea to start out with one design initially and see how it does before we start specific ones. I have taken some pictures of the mockup (modelled by my 9 year old) to give you an idea but do bear in mind print quality will be better in finished product.

12 Likes

Great job Shona, nice combinations of shades and fonts

2 Likes

Can we slip in “ANT Tech or ANT Pattern” somewhere in there?

People may be wondering why there ants on the shirt without knowing the connection to ANT tech.

Or leave it as is, and let others ask why are there ants on the shirt. I like it either way. :sunny:

Great Shona.

Awesome design, Shona!

A suggestion: maybe add a line of ants under “130 million years in the making” instead of putting ants within SAFE…
I think this would highlight the ants more and draw a better correlation to the 130 million years bit. If the ants were marching off to one side, it would also help draw attention to the back of the shirt and fit with the ants on that design as well.

1 Like

If we can print polo shirts too, I can wear it to work! Great work, Shona!

Great work Shona…

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Paige, I’ll have a go at your suggestion and post it soon!

1 Like

No plans to print polo shirts but if you’re keen to have one, I’m sure we could send you the artwork to print your own! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If ANT tech looks like its going to catch on, maybe we could include it within the words on the back… could be a conversation starter! I showed my husband the tshirt without any explanation and he got the ant thing / 130 million years straight away which is good, so hopefully most will!

3 Likes