MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising

I doubt that atm when its on 14k, maybe if you sold higher lets say around 17k, but i think many sold maidsafe coins to invest in the Equity as soon as they get a refund incase they dont reach the minimum. Then hey probably will stack up some extra coins again. Thats what i would do atleast.

1 Like

The response from deadbirdzz at bitcointalk. deadbirdzz should be the target, however its not. The target here are intellects. Peeps are not motivated to join this community for this reason.
Go the holy than thou no hype route and it may take another ten years, to come second.

1 Like

Not quiteā€¦ deadbirdzz is just a dull troll. bitcointalk has become home to pump and dump alt coin wizards - they who know how to copy and paste their own coin and follow through with chatter.

Youā€™re right up to a point that those who can invest and that not just trolling, are attracted to hype. Though I wonder also serious investors will want to cut through that ā€¦ but hype is the first hookā€¦ or perhaps itā€™s simply being aware of an opportunity to consider it.

You might be right, I did sell around 16.5-17k thoughā€¦ if it fails Iā€™d hope to buy back in around 12-13k, but you may be spot on and it might just bounce straight up to 15-16k again with our buy backs. Either way Iā€™d hope to be ahead of the pack a little.

In case itā€™s not obviousā€¦ and I hadnā€™t seen it.

bnktothefuture have a Bitcoin accepted here badge.

Just create an account at https://bnktothefuture.com and look to the investor pageā€¦ youā€™ll see then:

[quote]How do I back / invest in a pitch using Bitcoins?

You are able to back / invest in this pitch using the online digital currency Bitcoin and other alternative coins. In order to back / invest you will need to own Bitcoins or Altcoins already. If you do not own them yet then donā€™t worry, you can choose to back / invest using all major currencies instead.

If you back a pitch for a reward, then we will convert your Bitcoins into the currency the pitch is raising finance in immediately, and pay the pitch owner once the pitch has expired.

However, if you decide to invest in a pitch using Bitcoins or an alternative coin we will hold your coins safely and securely in cold storage in a segregated client wallet, separate from any BnkToTheFuture.com company wallets. This is completely free of any transaction fee.

If the pitch reaches at least its minimum funding goal then we will transfer the coins to the pitch owner and proceed with completing your investment. The number of shares you receive is calculated through the exchange rate at the time you make your investment and will be confirmed for you at point of investment.

If the pitch does NOT reach at least its minimum funding goal then we will update your balance on your BnkToTheFuture.com account, where the exact number of coins you pledged will be available for you to re-invest or withdraw to your own wallet at any time. Before withdrawing, you will need to complete a one time only anti money laundering identity check if you have not done so already.

Until then your coins will be stored safely and securely in cold storage. [/quote]

1 Like

so why feed him? not good strategy giving a troll more space on the stage.

So its a good place for Maidsafe?

1 Like

Replies with additional content help bump the thread.

Canā€™t do any harmā€¦ itā€™s big enough a forum that there will be interest from those with BTC to invest and perhaps a few big fish. The risk is a low hit rateā€¦ and sceptical defaults but thereā€™s depth here and elsewhere that allow those with real interest in investment to find more.

It matters not who investsā€¦ itā€™s for everyone. Getting the word out is the first step in any investor being aware of the opportunity. I expect there are better places to pitch to but Iā€™m no expert on where those might beā€¦ so doing what I can.

2 Likes

Your reply ā€œThat is about as ignorant a statement as could be made.ā€ is feeding a troll, and just as ignorant. Youā€™re out there as an ambassador for Maidsafe at a crucial time. Suggesting he should look deeper is a better way of ā€œbumpingā€ a thread. Those are kids on there

ā€¦ use your talents to get this in front of some adults on mainstream media.

When you characterize the forum as [quote=ā€œdavidpbrown, post:429, topic:11039ā€]
bitcointalk has become home to pump and dump alt coin wizards
[/quote]

how can you say it ā€œcant do harmā€ You have just characterized Maidsafe as a Pump and Dump altcoin. Think about what your doing out their dude.

3 Likes

One way they might get around the legal barriers is to define some of the applications they intend on developing within maidsafe and sell a token that represents a special use case for that specific app within the safenetwork.

You should look deeper. My reply was on point, his response was ignorant. Pandering to trolls doesnā€™t stop them.

Iā€™m not going to argue ā€¦ if you have a better approach to raising awareness, letā€™s see it.

and saying shit doesnā€™t make it true.

2 Likes

Heā€™s doing a great job out there. Iā€™m gonna chime in, didnā€™t know it existed. Thanks davidpbrown!

We now have a little info page in chinese thanks to someone else.

2 Likes

Please keep on-topic. I deleted 5 replies which got off and where about personal issues. This topic is about Maidsafe and itā€™s funding through BTTF.

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Some people told here that they valuation of MaidSafe at almost 40 million euro is too high. I agree with them. Of course right now the company does not have that value. I was also surprised by that evaluation. But the main reason, I want to invest into it, even at this price is, that it is one time oportunity.There are many companies I would like to invest into, but they simply do not sell shares. So even, If you know, some company will skyrocket, there is no way how to earn money on it, if there are no shares for sale. Maidsafe coin will probably have higher revenue shorterm, but I can buy maidsafe coin anytime I want. I can pay for it using my future income. But company stocks are for sale only now. And if coin skyrockets, than company has to skyrocket too. Those patents and licences can be very valuable. Just remember, how Microsoft bought Motorola, and paid over $ billion for bancrupted company, just because of patents portfolio.

Edit: Microsoft did not purchase Motorola. I checked it again. Google purchased Motorola for $12.5 billion and sold it for $2.91, keeping all patents. So Google paid almost $10 billions for Motorola pattents. Microsoft bought Nokia for $7.2 billion, mostly because of patents. Right now Microsoft earns $5-$15 for every android phone sold, thanks to licence fees based on Nokia patents.

5 Likes

A bit more action lately, though a fair way to go still. 28% of minimum now, 99 backers.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Iā€™m sharing this info with all my bnktothefuture followers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9oMpMkCWqK6OGJxelhsZEN3U3c/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9oMpMkCWqK6UlNxT1Fvd3JuRDQ/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9oMpMkCWqK6ZFlBbHlXal9TU0k/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9oMpMkCWqK6ZFhZNTE3NzVHOU0/view?usp=sharing

Iā€™ve used some forum members their ammo ā€œDiversifyā€.

:sweat_smile: how foolish of me, you can message your followers :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

#Things to do to help the equity sale

###Wikipedia

Friend told me: I canā€™t even find them on Wikipedia.

I didnā€™t even notice, but I often go to Wikipedia myself to check if something is ā€˜worthā€™ an entry to gauge itā€™s value. So I do understand this is a thing.

Anyone good with words and some free time should consider to volunteer starting a Wikipedia article.

Itā€™s hard. It needs to be

1. Factual
  2. Objective
  3. Not sounding like a sales pitch
  4. Sources, sources.
  5. Multiple authors

I tried writing an article (about something unrelated) a few times in the past. They always got deleted. :disappointed_relieved:

###Twitter

Security advisors and authors on the internet talking about hacks, censorship, DDoS etc. You can send them a tweet asking if they know about MaidSafe and/or tell them how it might prevent these problems in the future.

9 Likes

Spot on - I just noticed this yesterday,.Wikipedia one of the first places Iā€™d check when doing background research on a company. The presence of a well-written Wikipedia page is a trust signal, which could be vital in tipping potential investors into pushing the button. I notice that all the other comparable decentralised networks have an up to date Wikipedia page.

7 Likes

They should have lowered the minimum investment to something like Ā£500. Otherwise small investors like myself are still locked out. Oh well.

3 Likes