MaidSafe Dev Update - May 31, 2018

Fantastic news on the progress to the new website and on PARSEC marketing as well! It was amazing to see all of the articles and marketing coming out from the MaidSafe team, as well as all the community support for PARSEC over the past week.

Likewise, thank you to everyone who has also joined the Safe Network: Chicago Meetup group. After kicking off yesterday, we’re now at 29 members! :smiley:

24 Likes

You’ll have to hire some bouncers to turn people away …

7 Likes

Check out the UPDATE in my previous post in this thread.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the video and playing with the NuGet package

3 Likes

[quote=“maidsafe, post:1, topic:23826”]
it feels like Alpha 3 is just around the corner

You had me at Alpha 3 :star_struck::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I absouletely love this project!

4 Likes

Great update Maidsafe devs,

:+1:

:vulcan_salute: @Zoki and @Sotros25

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Anyone looking for more info on PARSEC should also check out @pierrechevalier83 amazing new video explanation here: Pierre explains PARSEC

14 Likes

Any update on Exchanges? Whould be nice to annouce Huobi for instance.

1 Like

Could someone confirm if the implementation of PARSEC is ongoing? I see one task in jira called parsec milestone1 but thats it for now.

Yes, first we spec the tasks in Jira and then code it up with tests. The calculating the algorithm and specing tasks is the largest part. Code is 2nd last before testing. We have already the structs and API in place in documents as rust code snippets. So yes it is ongoing :wink:

13 Likes

Hi guys I’m fairly new with maidsafe only got on board about 6 months ago.Im not very good with tech but I was just wandering what parsec will do for an ordinary person in the future who plans on using the maid safe browser apps etc.?or is it just a pure development thing?cheers.David mc donald

2 Likes

Did you invite us somewhere? I wasn’t aware of anything.

1 Like

It’s more low level stuff. PARSEC fixes a fundamental problem the team have been wrestling with for some time. For the end user the result should be a quicker rollout of the full working version of SAFE.

8 Likes

thanks a million guys hopefully in a year or 2 we will see the full version.

More like a month or two

1 Like

No. It was a spontaneous moment with work mates, some that have been under a barage of facebook post about the safenet. I guess it reached tipping point and instead of pushing the subject, I was being questioned about it.
:slight_smile: Since your just down the road, you popped in to mind.

Edit: If I get them deeper/more hooked in to SAFENet, I see a good meetup opportunity.

10 Likes

Dreaming (20 characters)

Don’t keep your dreams so high. Alpha 3 and 4, beta still needed to be completed. 1-2 months is too optimistic.

2 Likes

Was rather answering the 1-2 years pesimistic prediction with a optimistic one. More realistic is probably 3-4.5 months .