MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 7th January 2016

Your posts for the past year sound fairly intelligent, or at least worthy of the admirable critical thinking title. Then we have outbursts like this one. Well okay. Just an interesting individual, I think. Sorry the network isn’t out yet.

But logically it’s incredibly likely to get a full release this year—given: the mistakes of deadline promises that Maidsafe already knows about, and admits, && given the knowledge that many more laymen (and beyond) now have regarding these realities (delays, etc.) of the current SAFE Network development. Severely important strides will be made and completed this year. Hell, even if it somehow takes until 2017, …wait I can’t even pretend to even be able to imagine that scenario. Because there’s just no statistical way that it will take that long (nothing’s changed, indeed…)!

But if, theoretically (I don’t even think it’s hypothetical at this point… [sorry, that was cheesy]), “it weren’t out,” by 2017 … sorry, I still can’t even pretend to imagine that.

I guess 2017 COULD be a problem, given that Maidsafe has a burn rate of 70,000-100,000 Pounds (probably more with more devs on board). Even though @reivanen sounds more cynical than rational, time is, of course, a critical factor. In another post @nicklambert mentioned that Maidsafe was looking for alternate financial ressources, which is, I believe, good and important, but not at all a simple ask. So I guess it´s really about how Maidsafe deals with stuff in the next few months and there are good chances that they will do fine from what I see and there´s also a chance that things don´t work out. Life as usual.

1 Like