Legality issues of storing someone else's files on your computer

The question in the OP has been changed from:

What do you guys think, Can this be a real concern ?

‘this’ points to this in the OP:

if MaidSafe’s main selling point is you store someone elses’ encrypted data on your hard drive but this act alone is probably illegal or certainly will be. I’m not saying it should be but the west is currently running a paranoid tyrannical gov’t system. So just like when i go to the airport i have to answer the following question: Has anyone put anything in your bag without your knowledge? how is it different than the following question: Has anyone put anything on your laptop without your knowledge of the contents of the files? If you say NO and they open your PC and find an encrypted file placed there by MaidSafe Network then you have just lied to a government agent and can face a 20yr sentence with current laws on the books.

to

Can storing someone else’s “fraudulent files”, knowingly or unknowingly, through the Safe Network, be a concern for MaidSafe, legally speaking ?

There’s no lack of respect from me but the question changed completely from going through the airport with ‘SAFE files’ on your laptop to Maidsafe potentially being held accountable for files on the network.

2 Likes