Is it possible?

You should check out this excellent explanation @Al_Kafir. It should really help you grasp the concept.

2 Likes

So when I say “mixes up the geographical locations” I should say, “it mixes up the geographical location pathways that routing takes”?
Let me re-configure my question then - is there a mechanism by which the growth of the network can be monitored/reported/estimated in real –ish time – maybe just even a once a week snap-shot or not?

My understanding is that it may be possible to measure the XOR distance between nodes and therefore reach estimates about the network size that way, but I would doubt that this is something that could be done meaningfully in real time.

1 Like

Thanks Nick, so a guesstimate would be possible at best…hmmm…maybe enough. The larger problem now as I see it is that NOBODY is interested in my masterplan for re-structuring the World…What’s wrong with everyone that they can’t see the genius?..lol. Put everything down right now and figure out a way for it to work…lol
OK…I’ll drop it now…

1 Like

You may be aware, but this podcast mentions an open source distributed virtual world project called Sanctuary in the last two or three minutes:
P2P Connects Us Episode 13 - Steve Dekorte

oooo…not aware, will check out.