Introducing Frames

I was thinking of just doing a text-post. The this-week-in style of updates seem like a good way to keep a project going.

2 Likes

Iā€™m fine with that but probably not the best guy on the API. I think you are ahead of me already on the old API and I havenā€™t looked at the new one yet. Feel free to PM me if you think I can help, but you might do better just asking here on the forum. For chat I am in the Safenetwork chat (riot.im which links to slack and IRC) so we can also PM-chat there.

1 Like

Great post ethan! Good to see comments on our work :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Smart. K.I.S.S. Canā€™t wait Ethan. #rockon

5 Likes

What are the chances you @happybeing and some of the other influencers here @polpolrene @neo @nicklambert @dirvine @fergish @whiteoutmashups can get Ethan and his team @edapa @Abdisalan some backstage passes at some point near term? What Iā€™m seeing is a platform that can be built on by many, save for a wicked knot or 2 that need attention. Just a thought.

1 Like

And they are great comments and an awesome response @Abdisalan , you guys did fab job, congratulations Abdi !!!

5 Likes

If I understand you, and Iā€™m certainly not sure I do, I think you overestimate my influence and insight. There are folk here who know the API a lot better than I do. I havenā€™t looked at it for about six months and never went beyond auth & NFS (whereas Ethan and team have done this and worked with SD). So over to the other influencers you mentionā€¦

1 Like

Just for others info @Abdisalan is another core contributor to the Frames Project! Glad to see you on here Abdi.
I just want to blast some technical people I can think of on here just to bring this more to their attention. If I donā€™t mention you itā€™s because Iā€™m just not remembering your handles so Iā€™ll add to this list over time.

@mav, @joshuef, @JPL, @Tim87, @davidpbrown, @anon71598723, others who are already aware @whiteoutmashups, @polpolrene
Iā€™ll add more as I think of you

4 Likes

No, I see you are trying to help but are clearly limited. Its great you are trying. What Iā€™m suggesting is everyone -ā€‹ established members - helping Ethan find the support he wants.

1 Like

In short I was thinking @nicklambert and / or @dirvine could possibly give @edapa and @Abdisalan some short term assistance in the near future. I understand how stretched everyone on the dev team is. Just looking at all options.

1 Like

Of course, the devs are very busy, but the front end team will do the very best to assist in anyway they can. The dev forum remains a great place to liaise with the team direct and to get responses on specific questions. We are working to add to the team here too so will hopefully have more fire power in the near future.

Great job @edapa and everyone at Tufts, and also kudos to the sponsors and helpers (@Nigel, @BIGbtc and @whiteoutmashups). Really look forward to using this app.

9 Likes

Awesome @nicklambert . I also wonder if xposting between here and the dev forum would give @edapa and @Abdisalan greater exposure to the brain trust. Thanks.

4 Likes

Absolutely! Dev/technical questions posts on the dev forum and general app announcements/progressā€¦etcā€¦ here?

4 Likes

That sounds great. Safe Core was quite helpful when we did end up reaching out during the Frames development process. We will definitely reach out with concerns or questions.

On a slightly unrelated note, Iā€™m going to be in Scotland later this summer and it would be cool if I could work in a visit to Safe Core. Hint, hint.

6 Likes

Sure, just let us know when you have your trip dates confirmed.

Glad the core team have been of help! Cheers!

4 Likes

Just want to bump this thread and remind everyone that Ethan and Abdi could use help porting Frames over to Mutable Data!!

Not sure how currently active @edapa and @Abdisalan are as they are busy grads but Ethan has said he tries to do as much as he can on his commutes.

The open source movement and the safe network are very important to these guys and to our community so if you can find time to contribute please do!!!

6 Likes

Thanks Nigel! Iā€™ll give this a little bump as well

8 Likes

Can we donate somewhere ?

3 Likes

Looking forward to the future with Frames!

3 Likes

@edapa howā€™s it going, I just spoke with Alpha 2 and she said that she would love to meet Frames :wink:

7 Likes