Hardfork BTC - maidsafe positions

There are possibilities of forks after the first August.
What will happen with colored coins (like maidsafecoins) if there is a fork on bitcoin?
How will the exchanges manage this?

This has been discussed a few times. For example here.

Consensus of optinion seems to be thereā€™s nothing much to worry about.

2 Likes

I ask myself if it would affect my maidsafecoins stored on a bitcoin address? Maybe I overlooked it in the article posted aboveā€¦

Bitcoin fork in 1 august is this fork any affect our maidsafe coin? Is there any chance to lost Maidsafe Coin ? My all maidsafe coin in omni wallet with my private key bitcoin address ? Please guys need just answer i am not programmer. Someone told me my all coin will be Disappeared ā€¦ is it True ?

Hi @MD_Zafar_Iqbal - this has been anwered eleswhere on the forum. The general consensus is there is nothing to worry about. See here Hardfork BTC - maidsafe positions

No. You wonā€™t lose any maids.

Safest bet is donā€™t move them during or immediately after the fork, but whatever happens with the fork result, your maids should be safe on any chain.

1 Like

Oh guys now i am filling batter ā€¦ i have 10k Maid and i am not watch market ā€¦ just today my 1 friend told me for this bitcoin split think fu*king tans ā€¦ now filling well thanks guys

1 Like

There have been concerns about a replay attack, so if you are uncertain, itā€™s really important that you dont do anything with your coins no matter which chain, until things have settled and you have made sure that it is safe to transfer them.
During the time of the fork and up to a few weeks, that ist.

2 Likes