What are the chances for data loss?

No, they can’t target them. Sorry that I can’t provide a link yet :smiley:. I’ll try to find. Nobody is able to target any of your Jedi Chunks™. The only thing one could do is request them (GET). If more people do this, than more is cached, so the file becomes faster. What I’ve understand from David is that the datamanagers will obfuscate the Chunks. So the Vaults have no clue. And the Vaults use their own encryption as well. The key’s are in RAM-memory, so gone when you turn of your computer. Now your the RIAA, you want to find these damned Jedi Chunks™. Where do you start? How do you know which Vault holds what? Maybe you’re a datamanager and see 1 Chunk come by. But as a datamanager you don’t know the IP-address of the Vault as far as I know. So now you’re still in the dark.

Yes, this is the datacenter problem as I said, indeed, not random in physical space. That’s right. There seems to be a weak spot in that. Don’t know what the Dev’s think about that. But I guess they’re busy. Not gonna poke them.

Edit:

1 Like