Verification Logic on Safe Network

Great to see you resurrecting this topic.

I voted undecided for now because of my possible misunderstanding. Maybe you could clear that up for me.

Couldn’t smart contracts already be built with what exists? I just assumed some more specific code could be written utilizing

That way the base layer system remains simpler. If you think that is possible then do you see it beneficial one way or the other? These more time consuming operations (such as signature accumulation) would only be applicable to a running smart contact, correct?
Part of what lead me to thinking this was this post from David.

Maybe I misunderstood this though.

Another question.

What would need to be added?

If smart contracts were built into the network and network events such as these could be known to a smart contract could this become an attack surface? Otherwise are these things known fully? I suppose I assumed network metrics to monitor its growth and health would likely be something of value so maybe this info is available no matter what and not a worry? Maybe it’s a good thing even.
I guess I’m wondering what kind of ideas you have in mind for a smart contract execute upon such events.

If a user knew they were engaging with a smart contract somehow and if regular network functions (such as append, mutate, etc) aren’t inhibited then I wonder if there is much downside at all.

I would say a big no to integrating another projects blockchain. Interoperability would be great but I don’t think it would be worth the effort.

2 Likes