Update 25th July, 2024

@joshuef An update on the general state of the network since the start of the update based on use of a mix of ‘safe files upload’ and my app to create and view data on the network:

• as reported in issue #2019 I’m seeing all the issues I’ve been seeing previously, though now they are confirmed from VPS (so not related to my mobile broadband connection)
  • by ignoring errors and repeating the process, myself and two others did manage to upload websites Tues-Wed and all were viewable yesterday (Wed).
  • today (Thu) I’m unable to view any of the sites. Failures are occurring at all stages when getting (sync’ing) a register, getting a metadata chunk, getting a self-encrypted file (e.g. missing chunk).
  • I’ve also seen a new error today a few times, where the following is reported when trying to access a register. These messages are output when trying to sync a register for read (not to create/update/pay for one), when really there shouldn’t need to be a wallet or the private key.
VersionsRegister::sync() - this can take a while...
Successfully made payment of 0.000000000 for a Register (At a cost per record of NanoTokens(0).)
Successfully stored wallet with cached payment proofs, and new balance 0.000000591.
Failed to load versions register: Wallet Error I/O error: No such file or directory (os error 2).

Caused by:
   0: I/O error: No such file or directory (os error 2)
   1: No such file or directory (os error 2)

Note:

A website consists of 1) a register, 2) an unencrypted chunk of metadata for the site, and 3) one or more files which make up the content of the website, which are referenced in the metadata. Each entry in the register points to a metadata chunk and the entries correspond to a series of versions of the website.

7 Likes