Update 13 October, 2022

The official Stable Diffusion repository is at the moment kinda outdated though. They’ll make new stuff eventually, but for now the fork by automatic1111 has much more features and is what everyone is using.

It’s better to run on your own computer than a server, but you need a gaming graphics card that isn’t a hundred years old.

4 Likes

I did not know that! Thanks – sorry @Zoki for the outdated info.

3 Likes

It’s worth stating too, that before we were just multi-thread by default, with loads of locks thrown around to protect this that or something else. It didn’t feel like we’d done that intentionally so much as to get things going. And that was showing in the bugs we were seeing. So we’ve stripped that all back a fair heap.

And so right now we’re seeing okay this is a blocker, could we move that off thread? And because of the refactor we’ve already done, that’s actually proving pretty easy in a lot of cases. As @dirvine says, it’s all going to come out a fair bit simpler here, and feels good.

So we’ve reduced the amount of locks (there’s a few re-added in our working branch atm, but we mayyy be able to avoid them), and can now punt the network IO off thread easily. And with that it looks like we can quite heavily reduce the connection management code and related complexity :crossed_fingers: . Though to be sure we’ll have to see what the memory usage says about it. (Prev connection use was a major contributor… but we also had a lot of bad connection management… so lets see… ! )

18 Likes

Clueless if this can be of help to you super ants

4 Likes

Thank you for the heavy work team MaidSafe! I add the translations in the first post :dragon:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

10 Likes

Are all these translations done by fellow community members?

2 Likes

I translate it into Bulgarian, for the other languages ​​I use Google Translate with a comment that it is an automatic translation and a link to the original :dragon:

Privacy. Security. Freedom

7 Likes

Great work @Dimitar as always :clap:

8 Likes