SafeNetwork: The future of the compute layer, a GP Super Computer?

The maidsafe foundation will hold a few safecoins and will use these to raise cash, but I also hope it will use these to pay for computing for innovators and medical research etc. (it is part of it’s objectives to do so) . It is worth people noting, that although I set up the foundation and gave it my shares in MaidSafe that I designed to to work without me and I hold no seat or position in the foundation. I do intend to apply for assistance form it and hopefully if I have good enough designs they will help, but they have zero obligation to me, which I like a lot.

I would like to see this happen and also the SAFE network to be able to not have a search engine, but a neural network cycling though semantic data similar in many ways to http://www.cyc.com/ to answer questions. So we would know where governments spend cash, raise cash, kill people and much more. I see it as forcing the ultimate truth on us and I think we need it to evolve further.

So yes there will be computation, but I feel more than that there will be the ability for the network to gather medical research, scans, test results and provide targeted medicine and end surgery and unneeded deaths, hopefully much more.

I never lack ambition or optimism, but these are worth working for and working through the critics to make happen and with SAFE and resources then it is all much simpler to do so.

[There I managed to get through that without mentioning physical computing, unusual for me :wink: ]

6 Likes