Safecoin Animation Vote for Your Winning Proposal

Yes, but I was wondering why BTC was not mentioned rather then the ability to send BTC.

2 Likes

Sorry, youā€™re right, I could have been clearer - for anybody wondering, you can also send Bitcoin to the MAID address.

11 Likes

Latest donation totals:

MAID: 6701 ($4509)

ETH: 0

BCH: 0.35814654 ($576)

Total: $5,085

Letā€™s keep the donations coming inā€¦ perhaps this thread should be sticky, or other actions be taken to remind community members to participate before Friday?

14 Likes

I donā€™t necessarily think itā€™s unfair but then again you can read my 2 cents on it. The issue is with the way MS decided to go about it IMHO. It is what it is. The process should be tweaked for the future but for now I think it should be left as is as we donā€™t want to rock the boat.

Hypercube has done nothing wrong so should not be punished and @whiteoutmashups is showing us a more long term solution.

I think it shouldnā€™t be messed with, maybe the process should be tweaked for the future without stating the obvious and I think @maidsafe should seriously consider outsourcing or contracting some of their work out to @whiteoutmashups if they believe what he is offering fits.

Edit just to add the required bitcoin cash meme

images%20(15)

Why not include Litecoin? Itā€™s cheap, fast and encourages small donations (which could make for a nice fat sum after all).

I either go LTC or Doge whenever I wanna tip someone or donate a small amount.

2 Likes

Good suggestion. I would have missed it otherwise. $50 in BCH sent.

6 Likes

How so? To me its simple, this cep called for proposals to create a safecoin explainer.
Proposals were submitted and we voted.
I dont see an issue?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not bothered as long as thereā€™s 1 or 2 low fee cryptos being accepted, which BCH and ETH are. If they wanted to support all low-fee cryptos itā€™d be a mess :smiley:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s clearly an issue if people are so upsetā€¦ Itā€™s in the way they wrote the rules. We live we learn.

So if people donā€™t fill up the big price minimum for this one, what happens,

Does my $3k budget SafeCoin video get funded instead then? Or does all the money just go back and nothing really happens with this cep

1 Like

I guess firstly Maidsafe as a part of the community has a choice to supply funds themselves to the project.

Ask @dugcampbell about this Will

2 Likes

Curious if there is an update on this proposal. Total raised? Will the remainder be filled by @maidsafe ? Thank you :blush:

Here are the current holdings (and the sterling equivalents - taken from coinmarketcap at 15:00 GMT) within each of the wallets:

6700 MAID - Ā£3216
0.7BTC - Ā£5640
0.09 in Ethr - Ā£76.50
0.41 raised in Bitcoin Cash - Ā£490

As 12k MAID currently equates to Ā£5,760 I would say we are well and truly funded for this CEP. In fact, at a combined total of Ā£9422 (an extra Ā£3662 or 7629 MAID) we are well into stretch goal territory. Weā€™ll speak with @joeri and confirm the animation can be produced more quickly as per the proposal.

A huge thanks to whoever just sent 0.6BTC into the CEP. Super generous and weā€™ll make sure this, and all the donations made, will be put to good use!

32 Likes

Holy moly, this community never ceases to amaze me. :laughing: Big thumbs up to all donators.

18 Likes

Hoping the languages make it in!

15 Likes

Weā€™ve been speaking with the Hypercube Studios as this CEP is now over funded. Weā€™ve considered a few options, such as: producing the videoā€™s faster, incorporating foreign language translations and promoting the video.

However, what we think will add more value would be to create another video, one that explains one of the most important and least understood aspects of the network, SAFE consensus. We are proposing that MaidSafe will make up the difference to cover the production of both videos, and we would create both in tandem.

Our reasoning is that we donā€™t think producing the Safecoin video very quickly will lead to a better quality animation and would offer minimal benefit. We have also been bowled over by the translation contributions already received for the video we released a couple of weeks ago and are thinking about paying MAID for translations of future videos. We are also currently considering how best to promote these videos and MaidSafe would put budget aside should paid promotion be considered the best way forward.

34 Likes

Fantastic! 2 videos with a few weeks delay is certainly more valuable than 1 video a couple of weeks faster.

Together with the recently introduced video, these will make it easy for people to start getting to grips with the Safe network without needing to do a load of reading.

Next up a documentary video based around the themes of the primer document, complete with interviews, office tours, and technical explainer videos :wink:

16 Likes

Iā€™d love if Data Chains could have its own video. If it happens to be mentioned in the consensus vid (no idea if so), I think it would cause confusion as if itā€™s required for consensus unless deeply specified otherwise.

The only reason I bring this up is because Data Chains is such a novel asset to this project and this whole space in general @nicklambert think it would fit into consensus video or be more appropriate to be another CEP closer to alpha 3?

13 Likes

Or maybe the SAFE Network Academy, but more on that to follow in due course.

6 Likes