SAFE Network Dev Update - November 15, 2018

youp…but also the project is moving so low…they are not working on it as they should…it has more than 10 years since it started…some are saying that is an illusion (I don’t think so but others do)

1. Creating the network comes before the official coin. Network creation still in progress.
  2. Flow of coins? It will be a 1 to 1 burn of maidsafe coins for safecoin(still debated and I personally hope its not a burn for tax reasons). Transactions will be confirmed by safe network peers I imagine(I personally have not read into it much).
  3. Well SafeCoin does not exist yet, so this question is NA.
  4. No its its own coin and own “chain” not a blockchain either. datachains eh
  5. I believe they have a basic web wallet they demo’ed but I too have not seen much else. Also I don’t think they intend to create safecoin until network is around but I imagine the creation of the actual tokens when the network is working is probably a month or less effort unless I am missing something.
  6. Its “farmed” and its driven by the need of storage on the network.
  7. They won’t give timelines. Check back in 2 years if you want to be on the safe side(my opinion) :stuck_out_tongue: .

But seriously you could get a lot of these answers and more detail around the answers by not being lazy and reading around a bit.

3 Likes

You don’t even grasp the basic details of the project - so you are extremely arrogant to make this claim that they are moving slowly. Do some research - you are only making a fool of yourself.

3 Likes

For some this is a good thing :wink: It keeps the price low and allows them to buy more and more before many even know what the project is about. Sleeping giant!!

2 Likes

When creating new technologies the idea of fast and slow do not make any sense. You might find it slow if you expect to get rich fast from the project.

I personally enjoy every step because this is our life and we have the opportunity to participate with modest efforts in the next technological revolution.

From my childhood I imagine the world of Hyperion and for me the SAFE Network is the birth of this world.

3 Likes

if the the SafeCoins is not a blockchain…than what is your guarantee that someone is not injecting them in the SafeNetwork?
who is going to confirm your transfer and how are you going to link this to farming ?

This is a big topic, which is why you’ve been advised to look it up yourself. The mechanisms are well thought out though. Please research before asking technically complicated questions. We are not paid to tutor you and we don’t work for Maidsafe.

3 Likes

Transactions are confirmed by close group consensus. Which is instantaneous and free of charge.

you can find an answer to this question and much more here: https://primer.safenetwork.org/

2 Likes

Please don’t get mad at these people for asking these “reality-check” questions. They’re good reminders from the outside world :stuck_out_tongue: help us maintain perspective and re-look at the clock :clock3: etc

Everyone wants launch, SafeCoin etc.

Can’t get mad, enthusiasts come in all shapes, sizes, and levels of content-reading :joy:

9 Likes

not getting mad…faar beyond my intention…but maybe some minimal explanation about how this coins will flow and some info about the following implementation.
Just in order to not to make other mistakes like creating special browsers and other special special for running on SafeNetwork

I would love to hear…this instead:
-the coins are on the SafeNetwork…and they are following a POS algorithm…and it is free and no one owns the coins and can’t inject other. but non of these answers came…did someone thought about it or am I the only one to ask these things?
Is SafeCoin like a MLM?

@highlow open https://primer.safenetwork.org/ and see part 7:

5 Likes

The coins are nothing like a blockchain. I think this is the reason you are missing what people are saying. The coins live on the network as data and are protected by the sections (groups of nodes) that control the movement of safecoin using consensus. There is no blockchain or ledger. It is more like coins in your real pocket. To send your coins to another the network validates the requests and does the transfer.

If you try to use blockchain terminology then you will fail to understand it and be asking the questions all over again thinking no one is giving a clear answer.

Oh they have been asked again and again by people who do not read the forum. It is difficult to explain in a comment what is a rather large subject.

Which is why people will point you to the primer as it has a lot of your questions answered
https://primer.safenetwork.org/

4 Likes

@highlow If you want a less technical introduction than the excellent Primer linked by @Dimitar I recommend this:

There’s also an explainer for blockchain users, but I can’t find that. Anyone got that link?

5 Likes

Not true, this project is moving slowly and we can start to argue why and why not (all correct) but that doesn’t change that fact.

This is, in fact, an arrogant statement instead of the first one.

The Safe Network is at this moment an incomplete proof of concept that has to show all its claims in the wild to the world, meanwhile Bitcoin, for instance, has 10 years showing all this.

Maybe you should take a look outside this forum and breath some fresh air and see for yourself there are plenty of project making HUGE things, instead of being a bad brand ambassador:

2 Likes

I support @max , we all have to talk that way to keep the price low. Please nobody mention Parsec, Crust test, sharding and other bad things… :wink:

2 Likes

In defence of @TylerAbeoJordan, it is very well documented that he looks at other projects :wink: : The "Safe Crypto Show".

5 Likes

you’re wrong, @TylerAbeoJordan is a bad guy!

Please everyone look at the copies of the copy, nothing original or HUGE is here… :wink:

2 Likes

I’m staying out of this. Slow/fast is relative and must be defined related to something else that is known.

5 Likes

A bit off topic, but I recently did see this cartoon (only bears?) in the price topic about which queue (~=prediction) to choose. This reminded me of this funny movie clip one could watch to pass the waiting time, which I think most of us will find a good definition of slow.

3 Likes

These are all good questions that should be part of a FAQ that appears at the top of https://forum.autonomi.community . If all newcomers are expected to drill through years of posts just to grasp the basics of the project many will be discouraged from pursuing their understanding of Safe Network.

1 Like