SAFE Network Dev Update - November 14, 2019

The safe network apps are installed in ~/bin` on linux :+1:

4 Likes

Not on Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.2 64-bit, they’re not. I have nothing named “safe” in /bin. In fact, the only way I know of running SNAPP is executing the .appimage file (with the version number in the name) that I downloaded to a custom location.

EDIT: Disregard. I missed the “~” in the path.

Ah, well at the moment we don’t actively support mint, so I’m not sure what’d be happening there.

You can see the code determining the install locations here. So if you can determine where that’d be on mint the browser should be installed there if you installed via snapp.

Let me know what you figure out, if we can get it going consistently across linux that’d be most excellent.

Edit, ah sorry @Sascha , you’re trying to find SNAPP version. Not the installed browser version.

Right. Well, the SNAPP appimage should have a version number in the filename. If it doesn’t then any update hasn’t worked (it normally udpates the filename on linux).

It’s only apps that you install through SNAPP that would go into the ~/bin location, not snapp itself.

2 Likes

Thanks, and sorry. I do have the browser in ~/bin. I missed the “~” before.

3 Likes

Thank you for the hard work team MaidSafe! We are halfway there thanks to your tireless dedication!

I add the translation into Bulgarian in the first post :dragon:
https://safenetwork.bg/safe-network-новини-14-11-2019/

11 Likes