SAFE Network Dev Update -- August 29, 2019

Great work. I have my hat off to team.

18 Likes

Wow, nice.
…,.

14 Likes

FYI atm the mo we’re aware the the browser POC has had a issue with packaging, so those packaged versions don’t go just now. I’ll update when they’ve been fixed :+1:

15 Likes

Wow just wow what a great update Maidsafe devs. Congrats on getting so much code out of your system you gals/guys are the best. It’s borderline :crazy_face: that this is happening. :sob: Jippy SAFE network your so close…

:kissing_heart:

16 Likes

Excellent work. Where do we go from here?

2 Likes

Have you given consideration to implementing upgrades sooner?

3 Likes

I feel once upgrades are in place the community spawned ecosystem will begin flourishing. It’ll be all eyes on SAFE. :wink:

2 Likes

Is Fleming mature to the point of functioning in a Data Center in some useful capacity i.e something deploy-able that drives the Maidsafe company value/ potential for funding?

7 Likes

Not yet, next phase though, possibly. At the moment it is a single vault that emulates the whole network. Next phase will be a network of vaults (single section). After that it is full deploy (multiple sections).

So the phase coming up could be deployed in a data center with some ease AFAIK. We may need to ensure broken nodes can be replaced etc. Certainly something for us to consider, we can use digital ocean or similar to emulate exactly that.

31 Likes

ahh of course, there is no data storage at the Fleming milestone:

SAFE Fleming Network
The next major milestone for the SAFE Network. Whilst the Alpha 2 Network will continue to function, this will be a standalone Network that will enable individuals to run decentralized routing nodes from home. There will be no data storage capacity on the Network as such. Instead, you’ll see fully-encrypted transient data moving across a Network that also responds to malicious nodes.

4 Likes

That is all updated now Chris. We do have data storage, the notion of Fleming being a routing node and adding some app on top of the routing node was scrapped. So now it is full feature releases where each is more than the previous. So Fleming will be more than AlphaII was instead of less.

I think this is a cleaner story and also allows the whole team of Engineers to progress on all fronts at once instead of waiting for routing completion.

30 Likes

Fantastic, hopefully the roadmap page can be updated to explain the new story.

13 Likes

Agreed - this would be really helpful for those trying to use the project plan to understand the state of progress.

8 Likes

Really, security audits, upgrades and that should be us. The tuning of any farming and so on will happen during Maxwell if we think it requires it, but it will be hard to tell until there is the real financial incentive. Anyway tl;dr upgrades, cleanups and audits.

28 Likes

I’m grateful for all the work the team is putting into this!!
Governments and corporations continue to make a better and better case for the SAFENetwork by abusing data. Digital privacy is required for a humane digital future. Push on! Take care of yourselves! Be Well!

18 Likes

I think the Core Technology DevHub page may need an update also:

16 Likes

Thank you for the new Vault “toy” Team @MaidSafe!

The translation into Bulgarian is ready and after there was no objection to my Proposal: Send us your translation I have the courage to add it to the Dev Update itself :wink:
https://safenetwork.bg/safe-network-новини-29-8-2019/

15 Likes

About SAFE Client Libs: Are there new Java bindings available and if not, any ETA?

2 Likes

From the update:

“This release has a known limitation: it does not include the FFI API yet as we have decided to take more time to design it in collaboration with the front-end team. It will be included in future releases.”

I assume this means there are no Java bindings yet.

9 Likes

Yes, because the FFI (foreign function interface) API is the foundation for both Java and C# bindings.

8 Likes