SAFE Network and Illegal Content

In that case, please don’t call the police if you or someone you care about becomes a victim of a crime involving the SAFE Network whether you use it or not. Brave new world, bring it on, but as per your view, global commons should be without police. Fair enough.

The people involved in illegal activity aren’t going to go through that second layer. I agree, I think it will be difficult, and that difficulty solves a lot of today’s problems. Yet, that is the tradeoff. There are plenty of policing techniques from before the computer that never lost their importance, and healthy communities also don’t breed as much crime, etc. Those still don’t address the issue. IF the SAFE Network takes off, it’s going to become an issue. And it could potentially become a big issue. It might not take off though. I can think of 101 reasons for both scenarios. But whether it’s to come up with future solutions by planning scenarios now or just to have basic info and a thought process to pitch to the eyes and voices that will ultimately come to this forum, it would be smart, in my opinion, to not just say “deal with it.” That doesn’t mean asking for permission, but ignoring it seems pretty lacking in vision of how this all plays out.

I saw that article about cannibal island too. Crazy. I’m a firm believer in natural developmental hierarchies of social organization. You won’t find me apologizing for or equating societies or cultures here. But what is that famous saying? “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.

1 Like