Safe-CMS - Censorship is a thing of the past

Hi all, been a little while since an actual update of substance, mostly because most of the share-able things are already complete.

Below you can see an (unfinished) screenshot of the template editor, complete with a working (but minimally-featured) development environment for simple HTML, CSS and Javascript (the status indicator at the top right will be changing, so ignore that).

At the moment, this flow works as follows:

• Select a template (there are 3 default to choose from or you can create your own)
  • Edit the CSS, Javascript and wrapper HTML
  • Save the template
  • Your CSS, JS and HTML is linted, minified then compressed behind the scenes and converted to a single javascript file (template.js).
  • On publish, this template.js file replaces the template.js already uploaded to your website
  • All pages on your blog have a script tag pointing to template.js loaded asynchronously (so you can update every page on your blog by modifying a single mutable data)

It’s that simple. :slight_smile: I will get syntax highlighting working in the next 24 hours.

Timelines

I’m due to deliver the betas to our test group on Friday, this may be delayed to Sunday - this isn’t because of development issues or any challenges encountered, but instead real life commitments, it’s my girlfriend’s birthday this weekend and I’ve promised to go away with her to celebrate it. The “may” is based on how much work I can accomplish in the rest of this week, since I’ve essentially lost an entire day. Either way, we’re still very damn close to our deadline and the product will be released on time.

Edit

I should have said: I’ll also be adding a button in the next day which can be used to preview your template before committing it to the SAFE Network. :slight_smile:

22 Likes