Safe-CMS - Censorship is a thing of the past

A double whammy of updates thanks to the weekend!

I’ve been working on the post-editing page today and have a more presentable design for it now, so I’m happy to share that with you:

The content above is as follows:

• Modify the title of the post, this can be any UTF-8 character with a maximum length of 64 characters.
  • Modify the “slug” or “post URL”, the actual URL you would be editing here would be “my-first-post” (and the input auto updates to show only this when you click on it. The “domain” or safe://local.shane is modified on the Settings page.
  • Modify the content, I’m using React Draft WYSIWYG for the post content, for now I’ve decided to remove the image functionality and I’ll probably release without it then have images, audio and video uploads for V2.0.0
  • An indicator for the current state of the post, “drafts” are stored locally while editing them, “published” have been persisted to the SafeNet and “edited” are published posts you have re-edited locally which need to be published again.
  • The “Safe Draft” and “Publish to SafeNet” buttons obviously achieve the functions above.

Planned functionality

After doing some more investigation in to the safe browser, it seems like it has no issue with loading secondary assets (images, css, etc) within a safe:// web page, so that makes my plan of storing the template files as a single JS MutableData object workable and I’ll probably get started working on the template logic some time in the next 2 weeks after I’ve got SafeNet persistence working.

Another day of great progress and I’m still happy with how the project is going.

38 Likes