Redlands “Enterprise” smart city

Hi Mark

Re: safeplume demo

I have a number of questions but need to give the background/context first

Background
Maidsafe have recently entered into an agreement with Identillect re an Enterprise safe license for Identillect clients who need added security… we envisage a similar approach for CL for Council “clients” where the business is the Redland City smart city hub being an Community owned business enterprise which needs this level of security.

The Redlands “Enterprise” smart city proposal need is described as:
i. Local community owned and controlled low cost computing infrastructure/Data Vault with local data ownership & Data Steward governance
ii. Regional Management Platform and Operational dashboard
iii. ICT partners library contributions to relevant to Industry & Regional Access hubs which provide the commercial neutral “open data ecology” interlink to dynamically connect multiple IOT suppliers and multiple Council proprietary data systems through the CL (Open data ecology) ODE system

How SOLID & SAFE support the technical requirements is described as:
Maidsafe have designed a decentralised autonomous network which joins together the spare computing capacity of the local Council and community to establish a locally controlled autonomous “Virtual Campus Super Computer” to operate its Smart city program combined with the ability to interconnect with other smart hubs at a low cost to start up and maintain.

Combining SAFE with the Solid ability to decouple content from the application will enable Councils to establish a multi IOT vendor operating model to interlink proprietary data which is essential for data sharing with IOT vendors and other autonomously operated regional & industry hubs within a national smart open network.

The SAFE Solid Enterprise version will enable the Redland hub to i. manage Council Data permissions or Managed Authentications via the Regional Management dashboard both within the local community and across the CL safenetwork autonomous network ii. connect the IOT supplier proprietal applications to create a network of trusted communities using the UCL Codemap and interlinked legal framework.

This appears to be a natural extension of your demo where you show the solid blog (app?) sitting in the safenetwork(?) and describe library access. In this Council example we are looking at the Regional dashboard/solid app connecting through the enterprise safe which then sets the managed authentications for internal management of the smart city business and external data connections with other hubs through the safenetwork. So in this example (if I am understanding the demo correctly) the Regional smart city dash in solid would link both internally i.e. Enterprise safe to engage/driven the physical IOT sensors & stuff and to the safenetwork for external data exchange.

This link gives an example of Tel Aviv which one first place in the 2014 World Smart City Awards. A key smart city initiative is the DigiTel Residents Club. We have incorporated their functionality description in the Redland proposal described as “to provide Redland locals a personalised web and mobile platform that provides residents with individually tailored, location-specific services delivered via email, text messages and personal resident accounts” (and added) with personal data ownership to deliver the original promise of the internet leveraging innovations underway" with links to promote Solid, Safe and your work.

Questions
Do you see any significant issues/barriers with this approach?
For the Regional management dashboard described is it as simple a matter of having separate libraries for internal and external data/app access?
Do you see any issues in establishing a Solid Personal residents account? Would this be in the enterprise safe or safenetwork proper?
Could we incorporate a link to the relevant safe farmer sign up functionality as part of the Personal Resident Account design so we make safe farmer sign up as a standard part of the smart city implementation?
I’m talking with a partner who has promised to deliver a demo digital wallet solution (as part of a shared prosperity model & Open Value Access matching closed loop A.I. algorithm) soon. Would this be the method to deliver the safecoins and other tokenised citizen benefits which are inbuilt?
You highlight a range of future ICT activities. Are there any other components which would need to be added (gap analysis) to deliver to the Council outline spec described?
Could a smart city “personal resident account with inbuilt safe farmer sign up & digital wallet” be the next step commercial “use case” demo from the plume example?
If we could find a way to bring some funds around these tasks and contributors would this assist?