[POLL] Do you Want us Listed on a Big Centralized Exchange Now?

This is key, listing a working product is so so much simpler.

13 Likes

That’s why I asked NOW. To see how much of a priority it is for most. Again, I’m pretty sure most people on here are intelligent enough to know it wouldn’t be free of charge or effortless.

And this makes me reluctant to answer. Of course I’d like to think we were on a big exchange now. That is the slam dunk part of my views. But you said it yourself people are intelligent and the issues surrounding the issue of making that a reality is what will make it difficult to get a answer to your slam dunk question since they/some will weigh things up. That was my point. Valid or not it is my view at this time.

Now I will sit back and not try to influence things any more than I may have

1 Like

I agree, it’s an unreliable unhelpful poll. It’s like asking “do you want to be rich?”, while ignoring what you’ll be required to do to get there (kill someone and take their money, or be given a lorry full of gold without obligation).

Let’s keep in mind that for Safe to be successful, it needs to breakout of this (shrinking) echo chamber. ~30 people on this forum will cast their vote one way or another, but the majority of over 600 people have already indicated that they want more CEX. Why should the votes of ~30 people outweigh that?

3 Likes

Sounds like an unfitting analogy to me.

And also, with all due respect, where does it come from, the idea that whatever it is you can’t get anything positive out of may as well be nonchalantly labeled unhelpful and unreliable, as in, with a vehemence that hints at feeling objectively right?

I’m not sure what you are trying to say there. I think this poll is unhelpful and unreliable. I gave an analogy to try to illustrate what’s wrong with it IMO. That’s it.

I’m also not participating.
We all want these exchange listing im sure.
Without a working product these listing are alot harder to attain IMO.

I went with no just to get launched and as David said might be a bit easier after launch.

1 Like

I voted no. Git 'er done. Engineering comes first.

Is it just me or is this whole exchange thing getting toxic?

The community have done what they can. Maidsafe are doing what they can. Can we just support that progress for now?

14 Likes

Toxic, yes. A good testnet will be just the tonic we need.

5 Likes

It all boils down to their integrity. Never do business without it.

Having conducted a survey with 600 people does not give you the right to dictate the focus of MaidSafe. Since your last comment in the price and trading topic, where the general point seemed to be that the time it would take to get set up on CEXes would be minimal and well worth the effort, there has been a very clear response from the team that that is not true, and there has been an attempt to clear up other false assumptions, such as they are not trying or haven’t tried, etc etc, I won’t repeat the points. As well as the fact that they are trying to focus 99.99% on a working testnet.

Having made the point that it takes very little time and is super easy, and then having had the response that that is false, what exactly are you doing here even upping the ante to imply that MaidSafe faces imminent doom if they don’t follow your opinions and accept your view of the world? They’ve lasted 15 years so far, why are you so sure?

I hope this direct questioning doesn’t seem abrupt; I don’t doubt the sincerity of your voluntary efforts. But plenty of us are volunteering our time in one way or another, and I don’t see anyone else trying to impose their analysis of reality on the team in such an insistent way. I am wondering basically when you might accept that the company appears to disagree that it is super easy and nondistracting?

2 Likes

I’m just saying no for now. I appreciate the polls intent though and everything that has been done to aid Maidsafe in listing. If test nets are as close as is being said then we shouldn’t worry.

1 Like

Ah, and, I was caught between voting ‘no’ or not voting, because the poll is so nonsensical, as others pointed out. Voted no in the end, but the reality is if I could click my fingers and we’d be on a big centralised exchange I would click them rather than not clicking them, yes.

At the same time, if I was faced with the choice between the team being more or less focused on launch right now, I’d pick more. A working testnet will make talking to exchanges, getting developers involved, getting friends involved, getting your granny involved, marketing of all kinds, instantly so much easier. If it really is weeks or even months away it seems like an absolute no-brainer to me. All the stress and shouting about CEXes recently seems positively absurd to me. If working testnets and possible betas and all that were years away, I would be tempted to consider it worthwhile getting the exchange situation sorted out, but it’s not where we are at.

People in the US can set up BISQ and try set up some trades there. Or get there farming rigs ready and make a bag of dough that way, get in there 24/7 from day one, if that’s the worry. In either case, it’s unfortunate they can’t fill their bags, but we’re nearly there, a bit of patience.

2 Likes

Voted no, although I mean yes, because the poll, I repeat, the poll is nonsensical.

I haven’t voted because it is missing the obvious that many have mentioned.

Of course a listing on binance or alike would be amazing, but I think all the effort should be to get safe launched.

The community effort for erc20 maid is brilliant and I’m hoping that will be coming soon.

Any effort to get on the bigger exchanges would probably need Maidsafe’s involvement and it isn’t a great time for that. Only if there is some way a community member with the right kind of experience can take the lead in this with minimum involvement from David and his team.
Otherwise I think we put all the effort into getting beta launched and then let David and his team put all the hard work in to get on the exchanges.

If beta goes well it will probably be much easier to get on them exchanges because the hype around the project will probably be very high.

Build it and they will come :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes! And then we won’t need them. They will start building on the Safe Network.

1 Like

I’m trying to say that your (just as any) unfitting analogy is a red herring/strawman, basically. That’s it.

It is nothing like asking do you want to be rich while ignoring anything. It’s asking what it does, in the context that’s been clearly outlined by the situation we’re in.

It’s neither unreliable nor unhelpful. It will be such and such result representative of such and such voter sample. The fact you find that unhelpful (let’s pretend you do, when in fact you just find what you’re scared of unwelcome) does not mean that information is useless to all.

I care. That’s why I have conducted it.