[Offline] Fleming Testnet v6.1 Release - General & CLI Support

It means that your port forwarding configuration works fine.

1 Like

Yes could create keys easily enough but the option to choose which key pays not obviously available… afaik nothing or vlittle was spent… balance remaining roughly same.

1 Like

The fact that your balance was decremented at all means it was working as it should AFAICT

Yes - its not difficult – once you have done it a couple of times. I can see how it is daunting for non-geeks though…
So this begs the question - were folks with fixed IPs or previously known-good routers ALSO getting thes intermittent connection/setup errors?
In my local case, its a fairly common BT router that I would not expect to have the IGD issue. Hopefully this bug will get squashed over the next few weeks.

Since test coins are free you may run safe keys create --test-coins --for-cli as many times as needed. Old keys will be replaced by new keys (if I understand it correctly).
So you can repeat key create - upload - key create - upload - …

2 Likes

If the upload worked but as above was payment error or hung… simple file I left close to one hour with no success. It is unfortunate the cli does not indicate progress to allow more visibility what is occurring.

Yes, progress indicator is needed.
Even printing . every time chunk is uploaded should be enough.

This is what I was talking about:

Log
d:\SN>safe files put 1.jpg
Error: NetDataError: Failed to PUT Public Blob: ErrorMessage { source: InvalidOp
eration("Not enough storage available on the network"), msg_id: c321b6dd.. }

d:\SN>safe keys create --test-coins --for-cli
New SafeKey created: "safe://hyryyyyyfsanr3ho34dsiub498snajkzt5baezg6mw1j655tdds
kcgjh8ea"
Preloaded with 1000.111 testcoins
Key pair generated:
Public Key = 05b6044cf219d0ed59875f3d8584aaf1d8708b9bcba493edee231d94c3278746
Secret Key = 81eb313ff6fa05b6ac310f73d40a2c6cb9c47e0573ab2fd612836bf30498a6ec
Setting new SafeKey to be used by CLI...
New credentials were successfully stored in C:\Users\Vort\.safe\cli\credentials
Safe CLI now has write access to the network

Error: NetDataError: Failed to PUT Public Blob: ErrorMessage { source: InvalidOp
eration("Not enough storage available on the network"), msg_id: c99e8c8a.. }

d:\SN>safe keys create --test-coins --for-cli
New SafeKey created: "safe://hyryyyygqhh7wqj8f5bss4nsuutdk7oc1ptosdg9pt8768r48nj
97owheih"
Preloaded with 1000.111 testcoins
Key pair generated:
Public Key = cee73b4724e5d86d6d0ad39c46aec1926c61619bed89fbe39347127fd85388af
Secret Key = 702fd2c3c070eb012912ac0dad1fc70e1c025dc1700dea7cf751178451bf9463
Setting new SafeKey to be used by CLI...
New credentials were successfully stored in C:\Users\Vort\.safe\cli\credentials
Safe CLI now has write access to the network

You may not want to download this
Are you sure?
FilesContainer created at: "safe://hyryyrbpkjhwd1stmb4u93msexyejx17jbgx1pfngihwn
m7yqf14u1ifw7cnra"
+  1.jpg  safe://hygoygykzy6qyisjxhdufygn46zsqj7cbqif9n3sxbdwujc65rxxq6io9xa

I’d expect script kiddies to attack the network though. Someone event hacked my dad’s website once, a blog with like 20 pageviews a month. There is a lot of bored teenagers in the world who thinks it’s fun to try to hack websites and make servers and networks crash.

1 Like

Websites are usually hacked automatically by bots.
Websites can be used for putting advertisement there or trojans.
Both things can’t happen in Safe Network.

1 Like

This is more common these days as many hackers have commercial motives, but this doesn’t mean the script kiddies have disappeared.

Script kiddies needs scripts.
They have no scripts for Safe Network.
Except for dumb ones like UDP flood.
But it would be quickly discovered.

2 Likes

Yeah, dumb stuff like that or just using the command line tools to try to break stuff. Not that there’s much difference with that and community members trying to find bugs though

2 Likes

Its our job to try to break it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is better to see it working first.
Then try to break and improve resistance to attacks.

1 Like

I don’t worry about what we can ‘expect’ … I worry about what we don’t expect.

I’m certain the NSA has a “future threats” department. I’m also sure Maidsafe is on a list in that department. The only question in my mind is how high up is it on their list.

We can’t know. Again, I don’t have much of a clue as to how they might attack and whether or not such would be visible to Maidsafe or not … just something to keep in the back of the mind IMO.

Maybe a moderator could move all of this threat hypothetical stuff to it’s own thread?

2 Likes

I tried to join from home and with DO yesterday.
In both cases I’d get trying again in 3 minutes. It would try twice and then log no further attempts to join.
I don’t think @happybeing had much luck with a cloud node either.

4 Likes

Yes, obviously :slight_smile:

If we can’t see it working first, we cant try to break it.

1 Like

If port forwarding is set up correctly, which I’m quite positive it’s my case, and public IP is static, which is again my case, what are the possible causes for the node not launching?
I re tried connecting a few times, and got the usual variety of responses, including waiting for 3 min.
I know my netgear r7000 has IGD implementation issues, confirmed by previous testnets. Could that be the issue, and can that be throubleshot?

1 Like

Test network v6.1 have bugs + have stability problems now.
So if you were able to get “wait for 3 min” response, then you just need to wait until bugs are fixed and new test networks are released.

1 Like