Moderation and the environment here

I witnessed this happen and while I understood why you did it I still did not agree with that approach.

Especially if you are volunteering which I think you did for a long time and I have a lot of respect for you because of that. Our natural response is to defend ourselves when being attacked. When the moderators were addressing Al_Kafir a while back, I did not agree with his view or his approach. But the moderator that responded to Al_Kafir the best IMO was @frabrnelle.[quote=“frabrunelle, post:10, topic:6691”]
Hi @Al_Kafir,

I think you raise a lot of good points and I agree that the current moderation system is not as open, transparent, democratic and decentralized as it could be.

I am certain that there will be major improvements to the moderation system in the upcoming months and years.

On the other hand, I strongly believe that it’s currently not the right timing to make major changes to the moderation system.
[/quote]

Then he goes on to list his reasons. I appreciated his response and so did Al_Kafir

What I appreciated about Team_2E16 is that he did not go on a personal attach like Al_Kafir did.He even said[quote=“Team_2E16, post:1, topic:7361”]

Let me finally say this: I, personally, have not actually fallen ‘victim’ to any of what I call this ‘activist moderation’. I am not here saying this because I have been personally offended or snubbed. But I don’t need to be a direct victim of these policies in order to feel suppressed by them. Which is the real damage that the ‘chilling effect’ inflicts.
[/quote]

I stand in the same position and have had a great experience with the moderators so far.

May I recommend a video that was recently shared with me by a wonderful forum member (@Jabba) that is rocking my world. It is possible to not here criticism my friends.

I too look forward to what @Seneca can do. Until then, I guess PMs will have to do.

4 Likes