MaidSafe Dev Update - September 7, 2017

Thanks for the update!

i just tested the browser and I think is working very good.

Good job.

4 Likes

So happy to read the update and it sounds like everything is going smoothly. Canā€™t wait for the Alpha 2 moment. Anytime now! Thanks to maidsafe team for the exciting updates!!

2 Likes

Great work.

And all this fitted into a forked browser just amazing some people will get the joke

20 Likes

Well done to the team. Have the 2 marketing positions been filled?

4 Likes

Alpha 3 release! The boys have been busy. Great stuff

4 Likes

We have shortlisted a handful of candidates and start the interview process today!

21 Likes

what are some example websites i can view on the new browser?

6 Likes

You could also go to overview page safe://listy.test (see also here) and complete it.

6 Likes

As always, great stuff folks! All the very best.

1 Like

Two thoughts as a recent follower of this project:

1. Will development for Alpha 2, 3, and 4 happen concurrently? Is it foolish to assume Beta will be released by the end of the year?

2. What is the best resource to better understand Maidsafe? Iā€™m not familiar with all the technical terms Iā€™ve been reading and have a basic understanding of how the internet works; right now, Maidsafe=decentralized internet.

This community has plenty of awesome contributors and I hope to help where I can.

2 Likes

May I modestly suggest you start with

It needs updating to take in the latest developments but the information is mostly current.

Then you might move on to the excellent:

And if you want to get into the nitty griitty, the equally excellent but more technical:

Thereā€™s also the MaidSafe blog of course https://blog.maidsafe.net/, and the founderā€™s blog https://metaquestions.me/ .

Edit: ā€¦ and I forgot one: SAFE Network for Dummies

7 Likes

With respect to the timeframes you are enquiring about for Alpha 2,3,4 etc Iā€™m fairly certain most responses here will be along the lines of ā€˜it takes as long as it takesā€™.
When you hear that donā€™t be put off at all, David has indicated before that it is hoped that its weeks perhaps a small few months until alpha 3 but tbh most of us here understand that may mean 6-12 months + if any major roadblocks rear their head.
The team do have a rollout planned and it is anticipated that things will pick up steam for the rollout of each alpha but itā€™s perfectly ok if it takes longer :wink:
As for beta my friend it could be 2018 or 2020 or beyond and either is perfectly fine if the architecture and product are on point, when that moment comes SAFE will rocket forward far quicker than any of us can imagine :blush:

11 Likes

@beermenow, @JPL, thank you! Going to delve into the links this weekend.

1 Like

My hero :heart: :heart: :heart: :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Hey there ! After a long time away from here, Iā€™m trying to get into test 19, but I donā€™t manage to get the invite.

When I visit https://invite.maidsafe.net/chooser.html , all I get is an empty grey box, with a top blue line titled ā€œchoose testnetā€ - a bit like if there was no testnet alive . Could it be an issue with my firefox setup ?

Would a nice @moderators send me an invite directly ? ty :slight_smile:

Iā€™m getting the same thing so I canā€™t generate a new code. It seems to be a bug. Perhaps @maidsafe could take a look?

1 Like

Its working for me (linux/chrome) can you try doing a hard refresh (ctrl F5) perhaps?

To clarify Iā€™m not getting a blank screen on testnet choice like @nice but when I try to update the IP itā€™s unresponsive. Windows + Firefox & Opera.

1 Like

2 Likes