MaidSafe Dev Update - September 14, 2017

If I leave the browser open, but doesn’t use it for a little while it disconnects from the network, then I’m unable to continue browsing without restarting the browser, even if I click reconnect I’m not able to go to any SAFE site before the browser has been restarted.

1 Like

Will the release of Alpha 2 mean no longer being closed off and requiring an Invite to use the network? I have been waiting to get access to the Maidsafe network again to get back to trying out building some apps. While I’ve been waiting I’ve been playing around with Blockstack but ultimately I would like to build apps that work on both networks. Thanks!

1 Like
1 Like

In that case could anyone help me with an Invite code? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
/cc @frabrunelle

The website is https://invite.maidsafe.net/

3 Likes

That is great, thank you for that. I searched the form for “invite” and didn’t come across that link. :+1:t4: I am going to test it out tonight when I get home.

3 Likes

Been watching this project since the start. I’m very stoked for the upcuming Alpha 2!
Great work guys, keep it up.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for Thursday to come. How come the week passes slowly?

3 Likes

Trezor as well as Ledger can use U2F, so you probably wouldn’t even need a different hardware device. Secure Two-Factor Authentication with TREZOR — U2F | by SatoshiLabs | Trezor Blog

2 Likes

@Shankar I’m currently trying to update my IP and getting 504 errors again. Please can you fix! thanks.

1 Like

Restarted the server. Can you please try it now, @happybeing? I will try to debug this issue and fix it.

Thanks @Krishna_Kumar … but Um, still failing with 504. Tried in FF and Chrome (latter with hard refresh) :frowning_face:

EDIT: @shankar @maidsafe Any news? Still failing here and can’t debug my app.

When I attempted to download the web hosting manager for WIN at the following location : https://github.com/maidsafe/safe_examples/releases/download/0.14.0/web-hosting-manager-v0.2.2-win-x64.zip
My download manager informed me that the Hash didn’t match. I am not certain that this hasn’t been previously mentioned but I thought I might share it. Thank you. I am looking forward to the implementation of this work full scale.

2 Likes

@happybeing, we switched back to the previous scp library and restarted the server. Seems to work fine now. Let us know know if you still have an issue.

4 Likes

Cheers for spotting that. It certainly was wrong and should now be corrected. Thanks :+1:

5 Likes

Still 504 for me :frowning_face: … now fixed, thanks to Krishna :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Seems to be resolved. Thanks @happybeing, for quickly jumping into a HO to confirm the same. We are still keeping this as a point to improve on the server and will get this patched asap.

5 Likes

@fergish I hope you break from the Safe Crossroads sabbatical for this!! :grinning:

6 Likes

Hi all, there’s a way to get an invitation? Where’s the place to get one?

Hi @Kijote - you need to be a Trust Level 1 member of this forum to get an invite.

You can get to Trust Level 1 by…

entering at least 30 topics
reading at least 180 posts
spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts