MaidSafe Dev Update - October 4, 2016 – TEST 10

I’m sorry for my obsession with publicID’s, but this latest update is another nail in the coffin of the clearnet/blockchain tech.

PublicID’s are now like the gTLD’s on the clearnet. Why this is HUGE? because gTLD’s on the clearnet cost a lot ($185,000) and a lot of TIME.

Another reason why this is HUGE, is the unchangeable gTLD bit with blockchain tech. A good example is Namecoin, every Namecoin address can only end with .bit. Although Namecoin domains are supercheap and basically owned for a set time, big companies didn’t give a bit about their .bit domainnames.

This is what I really love about the SAFE Network project, code is constantly changing and every time it does it brings more value (freedom). Don’t get me wrong, but it’s good to see “.safenet” dissapear, this way people don’t get an false impression that the SAFE Network has another static gTLD format/domain system.

I have to agree, when unicode is enabled, we’re saying everybody who thinks the clearnet is still the way to go “Hey we have a domainname system that enables every name imaginable and a lifetime ownership cheers”. :kissing_heart:

Thanks again Maidsafe team for all your highly impressive hard work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bad joke: “While the rest of the internet is looking at Google Pixel, we are witnessing the BIG PICTURE”

6 Likes