MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 8th December 2015

That’s not what Nick is saying IMO:

And Rust 5 deliverables means a global network where everyone can publish their own website.
I agree everything is taking long and we all want to go live with the network today. But remember a few things:

• The architecture of SAFE is changed for a very big part. Remember February this year??? I’ll quote David from his blog:

Another quick post, I hope this makes sense, it is perhaps the most exiting aspect of MaidSafe I have found so far and the consequences of this are far reaching indeed. It will not be obvious, but please ask questions on maidsafe.org and I will try and explain more of why this is very important, not only to launch with but to move forward and also model system components very quickly.

Just take a look at that post again and understand what a big difference this was to the project. I’m actually surprised we all had installers and the possibility to run a local network in September. That was a very fast change in architecture!

• And the second thing to notice here, it was written in a completely different language! So in under a year both the architecture and the language were changed. Want a roadmap now we can look back? Here it is:

It was done in under a year!

And I know these dev’s don’t have easy workweeks making 40 hours or so. I know they’re working much longer than that. This is not like building a house from scratch where you have it all planned out. This is more like designing an Ant from scratch where you have to write the DNA as well. Quite a hard job. Just take a look at the work-flow diagrams about Bootstrapping and Node Discovery. This is a completely new way of P2P and networking. It’s never done before.

So I’ll just relax, follow the process and remind myself that I already had the network running here locally. With the new architecture and written in Rust. The Ants are coming folks :+1: I wish the dev’s all the best and I know they’ll deliver.

2 Likes