MaidSafe Dev Update :safe: 29th March 2016

I was also reading between the lines and it was all white :smiley:

The MVP is rolling out now, the speed is slower at the crust/routing/vault libs. but keep an eye on github. Lots of good news there.

As this happens we will now push this week for the StructuredData API to be made available to app devs. This is a bit bigger than many realise, it’s not hard for us, but we want a strong API there, so a lot of agreement needed. This community will help a lot there.

If we wanted to put out a network then it could have been done months back. That network would be like many many other such projects and require manual router configs, remote nodes (acting like servers) and be impossible for a point and click worldwide network. I say worldwide and I mean that, from everybody’s desk and hopefully pocket eventually. This is new and the network components are pretty complex. The crust lib is looking much better, but a major re alignment of code this week will help there to. This will help many projects, but importantly it allows the network to become massively distributed, not only on rented Internet instances (yawn, boring and insecure). I doubt many realise how much this part will transform a network to become the peoples network, by the people, for the people. It is incredibly important.

So we have the network running on digital ocean machines while we do this and you know what, all the innovations inventions and tests work. We know it does, you can see the app devs creating apps and playing with API’s even monstrously bending them to do stuff like messaging before we release messaging API’s and have the code in place (in a github branch).

There’s the meme it works but it’s not consumer ready today without manually port mapping etc. That small step is all that remains to put this in homes and desks. Then messaging and safecoin and we are well en route to something hopefully amazing.

22 Feb 2006 I did bite the bullet :wink:

48 Likes