Is Safe Inflation real?

The software is open source, literally they can instantly copy any improvement we make…

Yes, I wrote it at the beginning of the topic of vampire attacks, although at the time my main concern was the lack of access to the liquid market and the claim of some members of the community that we did not need such access at all and that everything would be fine without it - this terrified me then.

I completely agree with that. What we don’t know is how long it will take. Currently, the common opinion in the forum is that the Safe Network will be like a revolution - we are launching and conquering the world in a few years. We don’t know that.

Look at Sia - they have had a working network and trade for millions of dollars for years, but the network use is minimal. Look at Filecoin - the ratio between trade and usage is just as bad.

If the same thing happens in the Safe Network and the usage is low, we become vulnerable to the following:

• large super farms line up to enter the network and gradually displace small farms from home because they have a more stable uptime and due to the initial low use of the network their influence in the network remains predominant for years.
  • this opens up an opportunity for a corporation like Filestar to offer a copy of Safe with a better economy - whit a scheme like this:
  • Filestar is also preparing to launch a staking program that would enable community members to earn the network’s native STAR tokens, cast votes for miners and participate in “important decisions for Filestar’s future.”).

If these super farms move, it can destroy our network (data loss) and we lose people’s trust.

That’s why we really need simulations for the growth rate of the network and plans to introduce if the growth rate does not meet our expectations.