Fleming Testnet v6 Release - *OFFLINE*

I’m now seeing the IDG error on my cloud node which has a fixed IP! Is this a bug?

[sn_node] INFO 2021-06-18T18:20:03.834330310+02:00 [src/bin/sn_node.rs:124] The network is not accepting nodes right now. Retrying after 3 minutes
[sn_node] ERROR 2021-06-18T18:23:14.200216544+02:00 [src/bin/sn_node.rs:138] Unfortunately we are unable to establish a connection to your machine (95.216.206.201:35323) either through a public IP address, or via IGD on your router. Please ensure that IGD is enabled on your router - if it is and you are still unable to add your node to the testnet, then skip adding a node for this testnet iteration. You can still use the testnet as a client, uploading and downloading content, etc. https://forum.autonomi.community/
1 Like

Same for me:

True, it’s like shooting yourself in the head and also having a cold :slight_smile: Timeouts will cause undefined behaviour in a decentralised network. From there it’s hard to know what happened because of it.

I expect huge delays here and likely all testnets. You see folk get money for nothing and upload data like mad and it all happens in a rush. So it’s where we will see extremely busy networks and if they are so busy they slow down then that is good. I suspect we also need to make sure nodes reconnect on disconnect if they are waiting on some data. We may have a place where we don’t with all the feedback though we will get those things.

9 Likes

Yes it is. paging @lionel.faber to check

If you have a fixed IP then the approach is a little different.
You can run it using,

~/.safe/node/sn_node --root-dir node_data -h "[\"188.166.156.250:44267\"]" --skip-igd -vvvv

You can use any one / more of the IP addresses from the contact list

4 Likes

Maybe timeouts instead of canceling some work can just notify user that something wrong happening? Then user will decide to cancel operation or not.

I was able to use fixed address without additional configuration before.
Something is changed so I can’t now?

Also I thought that Retrying after 3 minutes means that connection is fine.

3 Likes

Just uploaded the usual run of 35 simple sites
via script took roughly two hours for ~[179 items, totalling 57.1 MB]
and roughly 40mins to do the NRS create after the basic upload.

List of those below that I’ve not checked but option to check stability and download speeds against:
safe://hello

expand for list of simple sites

safe://asteroids
safe://burns.bard
safe://cairo
safe://circle
safe://digger
safe://emptybag
safe://eye.eye
safe://eye.test
safe://fault
safe://freedom
safe://god
safe://hello
safe://joker
safe://know.your.enemy
safe://medusa
safe://play.chess
safe://pluto
safe://quote
safe://savant.chess
safe://security
safe://space.balls
safe://sweaty.palms
safe://the.odyssey
safe://the.teapot
safe://trust
safe://udhr
safe://uni
safe://v
safe://V
safe://voyeur.chess
safe://wallpaper
safe://website
safe://خليل.جبران
safe://Журавли
safe://无题

One oddity I didn’t make sense of was user error NRS create for three sites and only the third complained I should use add… unclear why the second didn’t. :man_shrugging:
1 - safe://play.chess
2 - safe://savant.chess
3 - safe://voyeur.chess

:+1:

4 Likes

Hmm… I managed to cat it once, just the normal way…

paging @happybeing too.

1 Like

I imagine that without additional configuration, the IGD request should go through and naturally fail but the node would still be contactable (since public IP) and so the simple safe node join should do the trick now that I think of it more :thinking:

Yes this is right. :100:

7 Likes

The above seems to have the quotes in the wrong place (see below) and following it my ‘corrected’ version which fails for a different reason:

$ ~/.safe/node/sn_node --root-dir node_data -h "["\188.166.156.250:44267"\]" --skip-igd -vvvv
error: Invalid value for '--hard-coded-contacts <hard-coded-contacts>': invalid type: floating point `188.166`, expected socket address at line 1 column 8

$ ~/.safe/node/sn_node --root-dir node_data -h "[\"188.166.156.250:44267\"]" --skip-igd -vvvv
[sn_node] INFO 2021-06-18T18:40:54.727111654+02:00 [src/bin/sn_node.rs:112] 

Running sn_node v0.49.8
=======================
Cannot start node due to error: Io(Os { code: 13, kind: PermissionDenied, message: "Permission denied" }). If this is the first node on the network pass the local address to be used using --first. Exiting
[sn_node] ERROR 2021-06-18T18:40:54.727379423+02:00 [src/bin/sn_node.rs:149] Cannot start node due to error: Io(Os { code: 13, kind: PermissionDenied, message: "Permission denied" }). If this is the first node on the network pass the local address to be used using --first. Exitin
1 Like

Additional 10 seconds, yes.

So if node shows sometimes Retrying after 3 minutes and sometimes Unfortunately we are unable to establish a connection, then connectivity test have a bug, right?

1 Like

Please try this.

sascha@Knut:~$ time safe files put Safe_Put_Cat/Safe_Nugget.png
FilesContainer created at: “safe://hyryyrbqseoe149jo5qxaom8yzr639ehhjtr8ufohc171grwaa3gkbhf97enra”

• Safe_Put_Cat/Safe_Nugget.png safe://hygoyeycjibzowe4bizoherbc9kn56ojde9skr7xu3hw5u399pnc8eeiyhw

real 4m17,323s
user 0m2,842s
sys 0m0,808s

sascha@Knut:~$ time safe cat safe://hygoyeycjibzowe4bizoherbc9kn56ojde9skr7xu3hw5u399pnc8eeiyhw > Safe_Put_Cat/Safe_Nugget_catted.png

real 0m26,032s
user 0m0,668s
sys 0m0,413s

2 Likes

Edited thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Getting this error every single time I try to put something

Error received is: Transfer(TransferValidation(InvalidOperation("Failed to perform operation: Transfer(OperationOutOfOrder(159, 160))")))

1 Like

The permission denied error makes me think the root-dir isn’t created correctly. Could you try a different path for --root-dir ?

Downloaded in an instant. BUT I had to remove the bolded part:

safe://hygoyeycjibzowe4bizoherbc9kn56ojde9skr7xu3hw5u399pnc8eeiyhw > Safe_Put_Cat/ Safe_Nugget_catted.png

1 Like

Aye, larger files I think will more likely have issues atm. (A client issue I suspect; explanation up here)

1 Like

The download inconsistency + timeout is something we haven’t come across yet, so will be interesting to see what’s afoot there.

I’m wondering if the nodes being hammered for uploads (and all that GetHistory ) is slowing everything down there (and so we’re hitting the client timeout at the mo :expressionless: )

6 Likes

Get file speeds are indeed blazing fast to download large files for me, compared to Put speeds

5 Likes