Dealing with copied content

I also don´t think a 10% cut or any type of static cut is in any way fair, particularly since it won´t reward creators, but only uploaders. It is obvious what would happen: People copy viral content, slightly change it to duplicate and then hope to generate income. Happened often on Youtube with the slight difference that YT may take videos down if there is copyright infringement. I don´t believe that the YT model is in any way perfect, since YT reacts to flags based on economical relevance and charges a huge cut.

The problem with digital products is that you don´t really charge the work, you charge a small part of the work, hoping that you will receive a nice revenue or at least whatever you paid into it. So if we´re honest selling records is much like crowdfunding, only that you don´t know how much you´ll get and people may spoil your campaign by making your content accessible to everyone before you reached your goal. That´s what actually happened when people taped your song on the radio and it went on steroids when people could do it on the net with basically no loss. To sell a digital product like a material product you´d need to do it via subscription/crowdfund models.

I wonder if this could be done without a thirdparty right on the SAFE network by dynamically charging GETrequests

i.e. you produced an Album for 2,000,000 safecoin excluding your individual work. Now you want to sell it for 3,000,000 safecoin. You load the album onto SAFE and encrypt it with 5000 multisigkeys and charge 400 safecoin for each GETrequest. When the network reaches 5000 GET requests the files are encrypted and turn into public domain. Those who want to pay the creator afterwards will know what a fair price is (following the requirements of the author). Also, those who decide to pay for your work are likely to advertise your content on their social network before reaching the goal, since they lose their money otherwise.

This doesn´t really solve the problem that anyone can take your content and use it without crediting you, but it would at least provide a model that allows content creators to sell their work comparable to material goods without needing a third-party involved while having 100% control of price.

2 Likes