Community Exchange Listing Fund

I’m not trying to argue with you about the future, but as we sit here today all we have is essentially a coaster. A placeholder for the future, so until we have real safe tokens, it feels wise to be on anything and everything that garners accessibility.

1 Like

Decentralized exchanges are for everyone. There is no KYC, they work 24/7, they work for Americans and Chinese. This is the best we can have for maximum accessibility.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

4 Likes

Are there any of these decentralized exchanges running today?

1 Like

Yes, and they take over the crypto world. UniSwap is number 1 at the moment, but there are many others:

6 Likes

What would it take to get listed on one of those?

1 Like

Converting to ERC20 token. Or BEP20

1 Like

Wrapped ERC20 MAID. There are topics in the forum where we have discussed this and there is attempt in creating such a wrapped token:

6 Likes

So we thought…

Exchange listing fees are standard practice even in traditional equities markets.

I don’t think a poll can be edited once created. For now, if it’s below $5K, round down to $1K; if it’s above $5K, round up to $10K. This is just to get a ballpark.

$50K and $100K are in there already. Also, see above.

Re: @Secretariat415 & @dimitar, I included $0 just for you.

Here we have what we call in economics the Free Rider Problem meeting the Tragedy of the Commons. If you’d rather attack than help, please publish your public wallet addresses so we can all make sure you don’t use any CEX we manage to get listed on. After all, you’d already get to profit from the resultant price increase you didn’t help to generate.

There’s always a catch. Those that say they don’t charge listing fees still get you with marketing and market-making fees. Then there’s also the matter of powerful relationships (or the lack thereof). I’ve had to find this out the hard way.

As stated above, exchange listing fees have always existed, even before crypto. Business is pay to play. Always has been; always will be.

Thank you, @waveman352, for illustrating my point.

This is not true.

Does anyone else remember Open Ledger DEX and how many people lost MAID there? Asking for a friend…

Wrapped ERC20 MAID. But to get Wrapped by a reputable firm would require that firm to take MAID seriously, which they aren’t given the current liquidity issues that are suppressing the price.

All the successful (by awareness and market cap) projects are not stupid and senselessly burning cash. There’s a reason why they invest in exchange listings and partnerships.

Precisely. P2PB2B proved this to be true, and it’s a relatively small exchange compared to a KuCoin, OkEx or Binance.

5 Likes

This is a fake decentralized exchange - if it can be stopped it is not decentralized.

Is not that. We know from experience that over 80% of the exchanges in which MAID was once listed have f*cked us up. It is reasonable to learn from this experience and not to throw more bodies into the meat grinder and to focus all our efforts on something that will continue to give and give - real unstoppable DEXs, like UniSwap, which has different versions because the old versions can’t be stopped and will exist forever.

4 Likes

It’s a free world. If we get listed to more CEX, please don’t use them. I won’t judge you for not using them. Please stop attacking those of us who do and will.

6 Likes

There is no attack on my part. :love:

I express my opinion publicly and explain why I voted for 0$, and why I will not give money for a centralized exchange.

Of course, everyone is free to vote with their money wherever they decide - but I don’t see anything wrong with pointing out the minis of this decision.

4 Likes

Everyone is well acquainted with the pros and the cons. By the time they’re willing to invest to help this happen, they know what’s up. We don’t need a nanny state. No one here is a child.

5 Likes

This is really basic cause and effect. CEX delisted because after 4-5 years there was no network. That changed yesterday.

2 Likes

And this folks is why helping this project can be so tiresome sometimes. I remember when I volunteered to help with marketing (which I do for free) and people wanted to hang me for it then, but are happy when it pays off. If you’re not coming with solutions, please don’t come.

To that end, if you are just complaining, I will not respond to you. Between working full time and volunteering for this project, it’s taking at least 80hrs a week. I do not have the time.

11 Likes

Delist - is just one of the problems of centralized exchanges. There are many other dangers such as: Cryptopia - hacked; Bitker - stole; Chainrift - closed; Altilly - exit scam.

In decentralized exchanges, these dangers do not exist - they cannot be hacked, stolen, closed or run away with money.

2 Likes

You’re not even responding to the points being made. You’re just copy/pasting stuff.

2 Likes

That is your opinion, clearly mine differs.

Of course you may have had far more contact with exchanges than I, I can’t dispute that.

However I’m smart enough to realise any exchange wanting a large sum of money from you will certainly not tell you the whole truth in this respect, its just not how sales ppl work.

4 Likes

Marketing is difficult. You aren’t going to be able to sell everyone. Im not as anti-CEX as Dimitar, but I do prefer DEX, and the centralized exchanges that I do put any sort of trust in are out of our reach right now. That isn’t your fault. Its just reality.

4 Likes

UniSwap were listed literally in 1 day everywhere and no one paid anything. Obviously, if the product is good enough, you pay nothing…

2 Likes

Nobody is trying to sell everyone. We are trying to gain exposure to the market.

3 Likes