Bootstrap data to enable instant large data upload

To my knowledge you never pay half the previous put. Your cost is depending on whatever happens on the SAFE Network that moment.

2 Likes

Never was that. You may be thinking of an old post by David talking about network starting and the PUT cost would be 1 coin for first then greatly reduce for the next PUT and so on until it hits a more stable point.

5 Likes

@19eddyjohn75

Govt money is so bad that you don’t need much effort to come up with something much better. Look at bitcoin, with all of it’s flaws it’s still far better than any fiat currency out there for the simple fact that it can’t be confiscated, not to mention other advantages it has.

Right now, from what I could gather about Safe (still have much to learn) it’s internal economy is subject to outside manipulation. Massive pumps/dumps will probably have a negative effect regardless of Safecoin intrinsic value (resources on the network). It won’t collapse everything, but if you could avoid them… why not?

tl;dr I’m just trying to better understand it’s workings to think of a way to improve things a bit :wink:

3 Likes

lol too true…

even the oldest money types (shells, rocks) didn’t have any of these crazy inflation bailout debt problems like govt money of today…

deflationary p2p currency by the ppl for the ppl ftw!

2 Likes

That is indeed the post i was thinking of. I dont recall it saying anything about it reducing until it hit a stable point. Only that the cost of the following put would be half the cost of the previous , but maybe i misunderstood what he meant.

I tried looking for the post I thought of which is from last year IIRC, but saw what I think is another smaller post referencing the same, which maybe is the one you are thinking of since no mention of stablisation.

Note its an example, also it does not apply on a individual basis but a network wide basis, as indicated by the context of (but spelt out in the post I was thinking of)

Also with talk of the first live version giving new accounts a very small amount of upload balance and also talk of the final beta being named the first live version, this idea expressed above would likely not apply at all since the price would be already under control of the algorithm being implemented.