Are Safe Vaults servers or not: a discussion

And Australia and the UK and New Zealand.

not replying to you now @JoeSmithJr

Yea my watch is a server too, it serves data back to the PC. Oh and my wall clock since it serves data to my eyes, and the TV set is a server since it serves TV programs, and the petrol (Gas for USA) station serves petrol and goodies. Oh dear so many things are servers, we should just forget all the normal definitions for those things and what they do and just call them servers too. Oh lets ignore the term in the usual sense

I think that one has forgotten that the fundamentals includes the term

So while everything can be a server we humans have decided to use other terms for the majority of everything_as_servers so that we can better understand what is happening.

So when I want petrol for the car I don’t say I am going to the server, but rather I am going to the petrol station. Thus the usual definition is petrol station rather than server or gas server.

The usual definition of server is well defined for those in the industry and the public also have picked up on that. That is a server like a web server or a nntp server or an email server and so on. That is is usual usage of the term server. Not the one where everything becomes called a server because it responded to a request. My wall clock is requested by me when I look at it and it gives the data I requested. Or my PC that responds to syn packets or browser that responds with headers when the web site requests them as part of the protocol.

The phrase (in the usual definition of a server) should have been a good indicator that we are not talking black and white but using good old communication skills to get across a piece of information (oh dear a server again ugggg) to the audience reading it.

2 Likes